Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fuck You, World

I had a pretty terrible day today. When I got home, I tried to cleverly alert people to my sadness on Facebook, without blatantly writing, "I AM A SAD PERSON D':" as my status (I've always hated those statuses, who cares?!), so instead, I searched "Bad Day Songs" on Google, thinking that something would have to show my sadness without being overly obnoxious. Of course, when I hit search, there is actually a song called Bad Day. Way to make me feel like an even bigger idiot, Google.

Why was my day absolutely awful, you ask? (You're prolly not asking, but I desperately need to complain, so...)

7:05- I woke up by my alarm. Sleepy Anna, who is a completely different person/scary-monster-of-time-destruction, did not press snooze, like Normal Anna would. Sleepy Anna must ruin my day, and force me to rush my oh-so-precious time before I go to the hellhole.
7:52- Normal Anna has seemingly defeated the beast that is Sleepy Anna, and flips the fuck out. I ninja hop out of my bed, catapulting my blanket and beloved stuffed puppy to the ground. I throw on a Back to the Future Shirt, some ill-fitting jeans, half-heartedly brush my teeth, don't even bother with my disgustingly unwashed (I feel awful if it's not washed every morning) hair, and run out of the house like a madwoman.
8:07- I'm in the train station! But, of course, I hear a train coming in as I'm buying my ticket, (I lost my student one, which gives me free rides,along with my wallet on Friday). I keep tapping the wrong buttons, because my fingers are fat and don't function normally. As soon as I swipe in and get on to the platform (it's like 8:15 now), my train, (which comes about every twenty minutes), LEAVES.
8:39- I'm kinda late, which is really unfortunate, because I'll be even later since I lost my wallet (with my ID), meaning I can't just swipe in. I go to the really scary security guard, who handles all the delinquents who lost their things, and tell her my student ID number. As soon as my picture shows up on the computer, she cringes, scowls, and exclaims, "GIIIRL, THAT IS THE UGLIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!" I'm a little thrown off, but I'm scared of her, so I go, "Yeah, it is pretty bad." She shakes her head (which jiggles all of her neckfat and chins), and cries, "NO GIRL. THAT LITERALLY HURTS MY EYES. IT IS DISGUSTING. RETAKE THAT." In her defense, I do look totally stoned and awful in my ID picture, but really. Thank you for making me feel so beautiful, security guard.
8:43- In the elevator as school, which around 45 kids are crammed into, and the late bell rings, making me completely UNSAVED by the bell. Christ. When I get into French, my teacher kinda glares at me in this "I-hate-you-and-everything-you-stand-for" way, but doesn't comment. But, of course, I sit all the way in the back, and have to wiggle my ass and freshmen backpack through seats, until I finally sit down. My joyful moment of sitting is interrupted, however, by a shrill, teacher voice saying, "You know, we take punctuality very important, here!"

You have got to be shitting me. I'm like fucking three minutes late, for like the third time this year, and you're scolding me?! There are chicks who are late every fucking day! Where is their scolding??!!

11:05- Math. Joy. I've been sucking at Math every since preschool, when they told me I couldn't count on my fingers for everything. And, of course, this year, I get stuck with the geometry teacher who, well, doesn't teach. He'll draw a fucking circle on the board, then, someone will ask a question about the overly hard HW (which is honestly only hard because he's not teaching), and he starts rambling on about the "flow of logic." What is this flow of logic you speak of?! Can I please learn how to prove something so I don't fail the state test?! Then, he'll call on me, to answer a question on the homework, and I'll be like: 
which, in my opinion, is pretty clearly the don't-call-on-me-I-am-confused face. He calls on me, and someone who is amazingly naturally mathtastic behind me tells me the answer. Just when I thought I was saved, he tells me to explain! I go into neurotic freak out mode, and sputter out random things like, "It'sitbecausethepythagoerumtheoremwiththeFibonnaciSequenceandtheproofs!" The entire class looks at me like I am a dancing hippo bleeding hot pink, and starts laughing hysterically. I rush out of the classroom when the bell rings, thinking that my day could get no worse. But who's always wrong?
11:45- Since I lost my student ticket, I had to go to the transportation office to get a new one. As soon as I arrived, three seniors skipped me in line. I, of course, would never confront a senior, so I had to wait there for an extra twenty minutes. When I stepped in, an old lady interrogated me as to how I had lost it, made me memorize instructions for keeping it in my bag, and screamed at me when I showed her my apparently inappropriate wallet. Also, some of the shit she said was just ridiculous. NO, the waves from my cellphone don't interfere with the ones from my ticket, deactivating it. If you think that, you belong in the 80's, when people thought even leg warmers were cool. After sitting through thirty minutes of old woman lecturing, I finally got my new metro card, and was able to put it in my seemingly inappropriate wallet, and eat a lunch that looked like regurgitated poop.
2:00- Fucking Physics. It's just boring. No one cares about electrostatic force. It's just about the most boring thing ever, besides being in geometry. 
6:00- I leave my house, grab my phone, keys, and wallet (with my new ticket in it), as I go to the gym. When I'm like 10 blocks away from my house, I have a heart attack, realizing I lost my fucking wallet. 

Again. I'm already late, but whatever, because the idea of losing another ticket and getting another lecture kills me. I frantically run up and down the streets, resembling a bear mother who just ate her cub. 
But no luck. I go back to the gym, admitting defeat. 
10:00- I really hope tomorrow's better. I feel like whenever something good happens, something completely awful has to happen in return, ruining the rest of the day for me. This day, however, nothing good happened. 

World, you fucking hate me, don't you? 

Lesson of the Day: Never suffer through this shit again. Too bad I'll have to sit through another lecture tomorrow. Nice.

Song of the Day: Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want- The Smiths


No comments:

Post a Comment